Social Media Marketing ChristchurchSocial Media for Small Business
Are you interested in social media marketing, but don’t know where to start?
Facebook, Content Marketing, Twitter, B2B Targeting, Instagram, Audience profiles, Google Plus, Engagement Measures, You Tube, Video Marketing!
Its confusing! Where do you jump in ... and how much effort should you invest? Will it bring a result for the effort involved, Is it proven?
Social Media has proven itself, it is certainly here to stay!
Consider these Social Media Marketing key stats from 2017
1. 75% of male internet users are on Facebook as well as 83% of female internet users.
2. 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network.
3. Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
4. 81% of millennials check Twitter at least once per day.
5. Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old, about six-in-ten online adults.
6. 51.2% of Oceania (Aus NZ) uses Facebook.
7. LinkedIn boasts more than 450 million user profiles.
8. On any given day, Snapchat reaches 41% of 18 to 34-year-olds in the US.
9. YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
Ref Wordstream social-media-marketing-statistics
Where does that leave you?
If you are not on social media channels you’re missing out on new opportunities to gain customers and sales.
Incorporating Social Media in your business marketing is daunting for any small business but that is no reason to keep putting it off.
Rather focus on SEO?
We love SEO and there is not better way on increasing sales than by ranking on high value industry key words but what we have noticed from all out clients is that when our clients are posting and getting good engagement there rankings actually improve. They get increased traffic from their social media networks but they also see a bump in organic search traffic. (Search traffic from Google) So while SEO can deliver the conversion measures you want to get sales, Social Media is a part of that equation.
So how can Velocity help us with Social Media
Velocity Websites are a specialist website and SEO company however we also undertake social Media Marketing for out clients to increase their traffic and Search Engine Rankings
I already have a website and traffic!
We can work on a percent of new users we bring in compared to an agreed baseline of your current results.
Don’t miss out!
Here’s just a few of our services;
- Blog Posts for the website that are basted to social media accounts
- Facebook Pages Google Plus Linked In Twitter Instagram Profile and Social Media Posts
- Business Pages and Posts
- Promoted advertising
- Video Marketing
Plus we’ll include beautiful images and copywriting. Attention grabbing headlines all professionally formatted.
Get in touch today, and we can walk you through how our Christchurch clients are getting results through social media marketing!
Social Media Marketing Tipsfor small business
What Is Social Media Marketing?
Social media marketing is simply the process of obtaining traffic for your website from Social Media channels. These programs use created content that is either informative, or engaging. Theses messages can encourage readers to share it with their own social groups or with other networks such as Google Plus, YouTube, Facebook or Instagram.
Social media marketing is popular because it appeals to the emotional part of the brain, but before you begin you need to know what the most successful companies do to thrive in this market
- Value first: Focused on giving value first. From every post, care about helping your audience.
- Transparency & Authenticity: Placing public transparency as the core values, and actually putting it into action.
- Consistency: Post valuable content consistently every week.
And don’t forget its “Social” Media, be social, reply to comments and comment on other peoples posts.
Social Media Marketing for small business
There are countless articles on social media strategy, but many miss the mark because they only apply to big companies with unlimited budgets and large marketing departments. We have narrowed this page down to the strategies that any small business could achieve, with a little effort.
Types of social media campaigns for small business
Posts – Regular posts from your business fan page
The easiest way to connect with your audience is by posting regularly. Here are some of the easiest ideas to get valuable engagement from you posts.
- Branded image: Post a funny or inspirational image with your logo or website address on it.
- Photos or videos: Post of your or your employees doing their job or just clowning around.
- How to videos. Remember, You Tube is the 2nd most searched platform on the internet behind Google and its most searched terms is “how to”
- Questions: Pose simple, basic questions that your media circles can easily answer or use a Fill-in-the-blank post (e.g. “If I had a billion dollars I would _________”)
- Quotes: “To be or not to be” Inspiring, humorous, or motivational quotes often perform the best.
- Polls: While Facebook offers built-in polls in groups, you can always insert them manually and receive the same amount of engagement (e.g. “Which of these cars is your favorite?”)
- Statistics or data: Share new industry statistics (84% of B2B businesses use social media)
- Link to a guest post: Share (or re-share) a link to a post you contributed to another site. If you’re interested in learning how and why guest blogging should be part of your online strategy, see my article, The Ultimate Guide to Building Your Business by Guest Blogging.
- Link to an old blog post: Recycling, your best old posts will gain new engagement for minimum effort.
- Infographics: Infographic your followers would appreciate. https://blog.kissmetrics.com/12-infographic-tips/
And if you are still stuck see 100 killer ideas for social media
Sometimes the most effective SMM campaigns are the simplest ones.
A sponsored post, also known as a promoted post, is a post on a social media platform is paid by a business in order to draw a large amount of popularity. If you are posting regularly to your business fans you might notice that some generate more likes shares than others. These may be perfect to pay to go to a larger audience in your target market
Create an educational videos & video ads about your business
Visuals are essential to educational content. Use compelling images. Infographics or even GIFS that walk people through a certain process or task can do exceptionally well on social media
Campaign ideas for small business:
- Create a time-lapse video of your product being made (like the one by major and minor below)
- Create interactive FAQs about your business and share them regularly on your favorite social networks
Best social media post ideas for increased engagement
Something that shows off your work or what you do!
This simple video has over 10,500 views on Facebook! www.facebook.com/majorandminorNZ/